How to apply for capital credits?
- If capital credits are due to you from the years 1940-1968 or 1969-1985 and your account is still active, there is no need for any action. You should have received your billing statement refund or refund check automatically.
- If you are applying for capital credits for yourself but the account is inactive, fill out the Request for Capital Credit form below.
- If you are applying for capital credits on behalf of a deceased relative,fill out the Request for Capital Credit Form and the Capital Credit Application Affidavit below. You will also need a certified copy of the Death Certificate, a certified copy of the Last Will and Testament (if one exists), a certified copy of the Court Decree admitting the Last Will and Testament to probate (if the will has been probated).
- Request For Capital Credit Refund (PDF)
- Business Request for Capital Credit (PDF)
- Capital Credit Application Affidavit (PDF)
At the April 2017 Board of Driectors Meeting, Coahoma Electric's board approved a return of capital credits to current members for the year 2016 equaling 25% of the total allocation. If you were a member during this year you will receive a capital credit refund for that time period. Members with an account that is still active and receiving a billing statement each month will receive a credit on their bill or a check on amounts over $50.00 automatically; and do not have to fill out paperwork. Previous members who had an account from 1940-1968 or 1969-1985, but no longer have an active account should download and complete the applicable forms above. If you have filled out the forms for 1940-1968 or 1969-1985 there is no need to fill out the forms again. Completed documentation must be returned to Coahoma Electric's Lyon office, located at 340 Hopson Street in Lyon, by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, August 31, 2017.
If you have additional questions about capital credits, please click here for our FAQ.