How to apply for capital credits?
- If capital credits are due to you from the years 1940-1989, and your account is still active; there is no need for any action. You should have received your billing statement refund or refund check automatically.
- If you are applying for capital credits for yourself but the account is inactive, fill out the Request for Capital Credit form below.
- If you are applying for capital credits on behalf of a deceased relative, fill out the Request for Capital Credit Form and the Capital Credit Application Affidavit below. You will also need a certified copy of the Death Certificate, a certified copy of the Last Will and Testament (if one exists), a certified copy of the Court Decree admitting the Last Will and Testament to probate (if the will has been probated).
- Request For Capital Credit Refund (PDF)
- Business Request for Capital Credit (PDF)
- Capital Credit Application Affidavit (PDF)
Coahoma Electric Power Association's Board of Directors recently approved the retirement of the 1990 capital credits in the amount of $413,441.27. If you were a member during this year you will receive a capital credit refund for that time period. Members with an account that is still active and receiving a billing statement each month will receive a credit on their bill or a check on amounts over $50.00 automatically; and do not have to fill out paperwork. Previous members who had an account from 1940-1989, but no longer have an active account should download and complete the applicable forms above. If you have filled out the forms for 1940-1989 there is no need to fill out the forms again. Completed documentation must be returned to Coahoma Electric's Lyon office, located at 340 Hopson Street in Lyon, Mississippi.
If you have additional questions about capital credits, please click here for our FAQ.